Finding a housemate/sublet

Are you looking for a housemate or sublet? You can post a free advertisement with us to help your search. Instructions and tips can be found below.

When you’re ready to begin, sign up (or log in) and fill out the appropriate form.


Subletting is when tenants have someone else live in their accommodations for a part of the lease term. They will have to write a letter to the landlord asking permission to sublet. Because the law permits tenants to sublet their lease, the landlord cannot reasonably refuse, and if he or she does you can apply to have your lease terminated.

Download our sublet or Housemate agreement if you’re considering entering an agreement.

How to place a posting

If you are advertising rooms for rent, some items that you may wish to include within your advertisement are:

  • when students can move in;
  • what the lease term is;
  • what items (utilities, cable, internet, etc.) are included in the monthly rent;
  • the general (not specific) location of the property; and
  • its proximity to a bus route.

Please note that the university does not permit postings related to off-campus housing on campus bulletin boards. All advertisements of this nature will be removed.

Please also review these tips for avoiding online rental scams.